This 2-day in-person professional development institute is designed to help unpack and implement Part II of the California ELD Standards. Learning How English Works deepens understanding of the California ELD Standards and guides teachers in planning language lessons for Designated ELD instruction.
- Consider classroom language demands connected to the CA ELD standards
- Gain a deeper understanding of the text, sentence, and word level academic language of Part II of the CA ELD standards
- Participate in an instructional routine sequence for teaching language
- Experience strategies for teaching text, sentence, and word level language
- Practice the Student Work Analysis Protocol (SWAP) with a focus on language to set learning goals
- Consider how the protocols, strategies, and routines discussed fit into an existing curriculum
Dates: November 21 – November 22, 2022
Time: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Light breakfast & lunch will be provided.