Join the CRLP San Diego Region for THREE live learning sessions in person on UC San Diego Campus
Part 1 – Principles of Transference Instruction, Skills Assessments, Data Analysis Monday, December 18, 2023 (8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Part 2 – Instruction, Intervention, and Lesson Design Support – Tuesday, December 19, 2023 (8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
Part 3 – Saturday, January 6, 2024 (8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
Early Registration Before July 1, 2023 : $425.00 per person.
General Registration as of July 1, 2023: $620.00 per person
**Sending a TEAM of 4+! ** Email us for discount pricing ***
Cost includes all training materials; SEBT Handbook + SEBT implementation support — Training materials & parking passes will be mailed to your home/school address.
Light breakfast, coffee/tea & lunch will be provided
This 3-day biliteracy workshop will provide guidance for dual language/bilingual classroom teachers, dual language academic/literacy coaches, ELA/ELD coaches, and staff development providers as they help their students reach grade-level literacy in both Spanish and English, through coherent biliteracy transfer instruction of foundational reading skills aligned to the CCSS and CCSS en Espanol.
The training will cover topics such as:
· A framework for students to reach grade-level literacy in both Spanish and English as effectively as possible through coherent biliteracy transfer instruction
· Models of how to teach English literacy by harnessing students’ Spanish knowledge-base
· A scope and sequence for the introduction of English literacy skills in a Spanish language arts context that prepares students for the English versions of CA-adopted programs
· Literacy assessments in both languages to plan reading interventions.
· SEBT provides guidance for teachers as they help their students reach grade-level literacy in both Spanish and English
· SEBT offers an instructional approach based on what students have learned in Spanish and the level of transferability of skills/concepts between Spanish and English
· SEBT includes assessments specifically designed to support the transferability of reading foundational skills
CRLP Learning Programs meet criteria for professional learning for ESEA’s High-Quality Professional Development for Title I, III, V and VII, Part A; and for Title II, Part A and B.